Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Friendsumer

Much to my surprise, urbandictionary didn't contain an entry for 'friendsumer,' something I had to reassure a long-lost friend who recently contacted me looking for a referral on the Continent that he was not. I rushed through the "example of the word being used in a sentence" section, so I won't reproduce it here, but the basic definition of the word follows. Please feel free to share feedback to refine the definition or offer an alternative.

friendsumer - (noun): One who treats friends and the relationships that define them as expendable commodities to be consumed when convenient, depleted, used-up and eventually tossed-away without concern for the norms of social behavior and interaction.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I think it's a perfect word. We met a few last year in Innsbruck. It's amazing to me though that fewer people will take UP offers for visits when you have space. I've run into a million more people that never even tried versus the friendsumers. In a way, I can almost forgive the -sumers, because they're getting out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to share, Jered. Good to know that the friendsumers aren't over-running the planet yet.

    Remember folks - don't forget to say thanks and reciprocate!

    ReplyDelete

Pappillon welcomes your comments and encourages your participation. However, in commenting, you agree that you will not:1) Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. 2) Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Pappillon in its sole discretion. 3) Impersonate another person.