Tuesday, August 31, 2010

UPDATED: The Nazi's and Track Cycling

The political aspect to this speech and all the negative connotations that go along with it are not at issue here. Rather, fast-forward to minute 5:10 of the video and look where that big ol' swastika-adorned flag is hung...



Definite accident of history, and posted in follow-up to my discovery last week of a reference to track cycling in Albert Speer's "Inside the Third Reich."

UPDATE: I reformatted the embedded video player because some readers were having difficulty accessing the iframe'd content. For that reason, I'm also including a screen capture below. What was 166m around, made of wood, located in Berlin, and stood in the Sportpalast?

2 comments:

  1. Can you please post the link again because I can't see the video. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon, I reformatted the video player and included a hard-link to the youtube page where the video resides. I also pasted-in a screen cap that should help you realize what it is I was referring to... Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Pappillon welcomes your comments and encourages your participation. Comments may, however, be moderated.