Sunday, June 14, 2009

WWII Relic Hunting

I want to go World War II relic hunting someday... I don't want to be blown-up though, of course. That goes almost without saying. Ever since I was a little kid, I've liked military history and the idea of digging up cool kit from WW2 on the battlefield. Leaving aside discussions of policy, the Holocaust, Gitmo, warrantless wire-tapping - all that sh*t - there is something so cool about the treasure-hunting aspect of it...finding and connecting with a physical reminder of this world's very, very complex history. If any of you have done this, gone relic hunting on WWII battlefields, drop me a line or leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pappillon welcomes your comments and encourages your participation. Comments may, however, be moderated.