Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gutted

Well, I was wrong, and appearances are not all that they seem. Thanks to a sometimes-friend who revealed to me a very hard-to-swallow, totally unexpected truth, I've been disabused of the notion that something good was coming out of the past couple of years. I'm reminded of the classic Mike Fraysse quote: "Better to be thought a fool, than open your mouth and take away all doubts."

This really sucks - I'm gutted - but better to learn now the truth rather than lose even one more day to a lie. Next comes the challenge of turning the other cheek and just walking away, as there is no logical explanation to be found that will justify what I've seen. I want to keep asking "Why?" and find some rationale for what is totally unbelievable, but by it's very nature the situation precludes ever being explained-away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pappillon welcomes your comments and encourages your participation. However, in commenting, you agree that you will not:1) Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights. 2) Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Pappillon in its sole discretion. 3) Impersonate another person.